We work with care providers and other Council services to ensure that you, or someone you care for, receive the care you were assessed for at the correct charge.

Your entitlement

We establish your contribution through a financial assessment.

  • All people aged 65 and over who have been assessed as having Personal Care needs are entitled to Personal Care allowance.
  • You may be asked to contribute to services that meet your non-personal care needs (such as shopping or housework).

Your invoice

You will receive an invoice from us on behalf of your care provider every four weeks.  If you wish to discuss the detail of your invoice, please contact us on the details below.  If you are in agreement with your invoice, you can pay for your invoice online.

Self-funding your care

If you are self-funding, we will invoice you for the full cost of your care/support.   If your financial situation changes, please contact us to discuss financial reassessment.

Temporary breaks of service - inform your care provider

If you are planning to temporarily have a break from your care (e.g. holiday), you should let your care provider know at least 48 hours in advance.

Charges for Care Services

Personal care (under 65) in your home or through day support (hourly rate)
* charges apply from 27 March 2017
Non-Personal care in your home or through day support (hourly rate)
* charges apply from 27 March 2017
Lunch club meal charges (per meal)
* charges apply from 11th April 2016
Prepared meals (Apetito) meal charge (per meal)
* charges apply from 3 April 2017
MECS (per week)
* charges apply from 27 March 2017
Accommodation-based Housing Support Variable

Personal Allowance

Aged 18-59 years
Aged over 60 years
If you are the only person in the household receiving services
* charges apply from 10 April 2017
£133/week £200/week

Charging policy

For further information about charges, please refer to our Non-residential Social Care services charging policy.

Contact us

If you are at all unsure about your financial assessment, you wish to query your invoice or your circumstances have changed and you would like to seek a further financial re-assessment, please complete our enquiry form.

Complaints procedure

Our organisation aims to provide excellent customer service.  If you have any queries regarding your care invoices or your financial information statement, we would suggest that you contact us.  If you are unhappy with the response, you have a legal right to complain about Social Work Services.   Please find out more about our complaints procedure.

Last updated: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 2:56 PM