This page will be updated regularly with changes and updates to service delivery that has been impacted by COVID, also follow our social media feeds for emergency updates.



The Scottish Government published guidance on visiting care homes and how to keep your self, residents and staff safe.

Green and brown bins

Due to vehicle issues, some green and brown bins will not be collected today (10 Jan). The areas affected include Callander, Doune, Thornhill, Balquhidder and Strathyre.

If your bin has not been collected today, please leave it out for collection and our waste crews will aim to empty the bins tomorrow (11 Jan).

We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.

Additional Blue Bin Collections

Due to a number of Covid-19 related staff absences, the additional blue bin collections scheduled for Sunday (10 Jan) in Strathblane, Blanefield, Plean, Cowie and Throsk have been cancelled.

All other scheduled blue and grey bins will be collected as normal.

We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.

This will affect the following postcodes:

  • G63 9BB

  • G63 9JH

  • G63 9JD

  • G63 9JW

  • G63 9JB

  • G63 9JA

  • G63 9HZ

  • G63 9BF

  • G63 9AB

  • G63 9JE

  • G63 9BE

  • G63 9DL

  • G63 9DN

  • G63 9EG

  • G63 9BQ

  • G63 9EB

  • G63 9EE

  • G63 9DJ

  • G63 9DF

  • G63 9EL

  • G63 9EN

  • G63 9EH

  • G63 9EX

  • G63 9DD

  • G63 9DW

  • G63 9JF

  • G63 9JQ

  • G63 9BD

  • G63 9QY

  • G63 9HW

  • G63 9HU

  • G63 9HT

  • G63 9HS

  • G63 9DR

  • G63 9DP

  • G63 9AZ

  • G63 9BP

  • G63 9BT

  • G63 9BU

  • G63 9BS

  • G63 9BY

  • G63 9DB

  • G63 9HR

  • G63 9LA

  • G63 9QQ

  • G63 9AJ

  • FK7 8AQ

  • FK7 8LJ

  • FK7 8AJ

  • FK2 8SF

  • FK7 7DH

  • FK7 7DH

  • FK7 7BW

  • FK2 8SF

  • FK2 8RX

  • FK7 8AN

  • FK2 8RX

  • FK2 8RS

  • FK7 7DJ

  • FK2 8SQ

  • FK2 8SF

  • FK7 8AP

  • FK7 8AL

  • FK7 7NG

  • FK7 7NA

If you have accumulated extra blue bin waste (plastic bottles, tubs, trays, cartons, tins & aerosols), please store this in a safe place until your next scheduled blue bin collection date.

We appreciate your patience and understanding at this challenging time.

Glass boxes

If you have requested a replacement glass box, these have been ordered and will be delivered to residents as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can take your glass waste to one of our recycling points or any of our Household Waste and Recycling Centres (tips).

Delivery of new bins

We are experiencing a small backlog in the delivery of new or replacement bins. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.

If you have made a request for a new bin, it is being processed and will be delivered as soon as possible. 

Bin Collection DateYou can find out your next collection date by using our postcode search:

Find your collection days


Registration ServicesThe Registration Service is open for essential services:

  • The registration of Births, Deaths, Stillbirths, Civil Partnerships & Marriages
  • The solemnisation of civil marriages and accepting & processing marriage paperwork for marriages and civil partnerships.

FuneralsAttendance at funerals is currently limited to a maximum of 50 people in Scotland.

The Scottish Government has published guidance on travelling to a funeral.

Post-funeral gatherings, such as wakes, can also take place with a maximum capacity of 50 people. Alcohol may be served.

When organising a funeral or advising on attendance at a funeral service, please refer to the Scottish Government guidance.

CemeteriesAll cemeteries are open following Government guidelines.

Wedding Ceremonies and Civil Partnerships

Wedding ceremonies and civil partnership registrations can take place with a maximum capacity of 50 people (including the couple, the witnesses and the person conducting the ceremony), provided the venue’s capacity allows for 2-metre physical distancing. 

Travel within and to/from Scotland from the rest of the UK, ROI, and Jersey to attend a marriage or civil partnership ceremony is restricted to this maximum number of attendees only. The Scottish Government has published guidance on travelling to and attending a wedding or civil partnership.

Physical distancing, face coverings, and sanitising measures remain requirements for ceremonies.

Receptions can also take place with a maximum capacity of 50 people. Alcohol may be served.

Couples who choose to postpone their ceremony, as a result of these new restrictions may be eligible for an extension to their notices.

When organising a wedding or civil partnership, please refer to the Scottish Government guidance.

Building StandardsThe Building Standards service will continue to utilise our Remote Verification Inspection (RVI) approach as the primary method to verify construction in accordance with Scottish Government guidance. We are expanding our ability to undertake more physical site based inspections for external works where it is safe to do so.

PlanningFor information on emergencies and emergency planning click here.
Extensions to Periods of ValidityIf your Building Warrant is due to expire in the next 6 months and you are concerned about the impact of COVID-19 on the construction being completed in time you can apply for an extension. It is available to download here and any questions can be discussed with the duty officer or emailed to works ApplicationsAll applications must be submitted electronically via Tree Works and High Hedge Notices

The Commercial Waste service is currently running as normal for those customers still requiring service during this time. If you have found that your waste requirements have changed then contact the Commercial Waste Team by completing our online form.

We will be happy to make temporary changes or postponements to contracts to support your business needs. Please note that we are currently receiving a high volume of customers contacting us and may take longer than usual to process requests; any changes to contracts will commence from the date of the request.Polmaise WeighbridgeContractors who work outdoors can continue to use the weighbridge as normal.  Contractors who work indoors, in line with Government guidance, are still entitled to use the weighbridge.


If you normally pay your Council Tax in person but are unable to do so, we would ask:Pay by Direct DebitYou can pay weekly, fortnightly, four-weekly or monthly. Monthly direct debit payments can be made over 10 months or 12 months on the 1st, 5th, 10th, 17th, 23rd or 28th. If you would like to start paying by direct debit:

  • Complete the online form
  • Phone 01786 233210 with your bank details
  • Pay By Plastic Swipe Card at any post office or shops displaying Paypoint signs

For existing, Direct Debit payers instalments will be deducted on the date(s) previously notified. Those moving to Direct Debit will receive confirmation of their instalment dates in advance of the first payment.

Managing your accountYou can sign up for e-billing, manage your account online and tell us about changes. To do this please visit our Council Tax Portal

Pay on timeYour instalments have to be paid on time.  If you pay with the swipe card at a post office or at a shop displaying a Paypoint logo, you need to allow 5 working days for the instalments to reach your account.

Problem paying your billIf you have a problem paying your bill, please contact us without delay so we can help you avoid formal recovery action and additional charges. Email queries to or phone 01786 233177.

Households with a low income may be entitled to a Council Tax reduction.

Any questions relating to:

Council Tax Benefits can be sent to or phone 01786 233210. 

Council Tax Arrears email queries to or phone 01786 233177.

Liquor LicensingCoronavirus regulations are likely to change frequently as restrictions ease, and it is essential that licensed premises in the District of Stirling Licensing Board area monitor these changes and comply with current requirements. The regulations can be found on the Scottish Government website.

If you have any further queries please contact the Council’s Licensing team at Please note, the team is responding to enquiries as quickly as they can but we are currently experiencing a high volume of calls and emails.Personal LicencesIf you applied for renewal of your personal licence and no decision was made before it expired, your existing licence will automatically be extended for six months.  If you are unable to submit your renewal application in time (that is, at least 3 months before the expiry of your current licence), or to take a refresher training course when due, for a reason related to the Coronavirus crisis, please contact the licensing office via email at or 01786 233612. Licence holders are encouraged to explore options for undertaking the training online.

Because of COVID restrictions, it may not be possible to process licence applications within the normal timeframes. The Licensing team can provide further advice regarding how long it may take to determine your application.

This is to notify users that the Strathblane library is closed and moving to a temporary location at the Kirk Rooms, Campsie Road, Strathblane, Glasgow G63 9BD.

Library users will be able to visit the Kirk Rooms from Monday 24 January to borrow books. As yet there will be no Library phone, computer access or photocopying service.


If you have concerns about a business in Stirling not complying with the Government Guidelines, please report your concerns by completing the online form.

Report a concern about a business.

The Environmental Health service is still operational and responding to requests from businesses and members of the public across Stirling. 

The Coronavirus pandemic and subsequent legislation and guidance have led to changes in the ways businesses must operate. Environmental Health and Trading Standards enforce this legislation in partnership with Police Scotland and the Health and Safety Executive.

Current controls and guidance are available on the Scottish Government website.

As the regulations and guidance change often businesses should ensure they keep up to date with the evolving situation. For sources of information refer to the following websites:

Information for landlords and letting agentsThe Scottish Government has compiled a list of FAQs in partnership in relation to advice for private landlords and letting agents.

PRS Landlord (non-business) Covid-19 Loan Scheme

Enquiries can be sent to the Scottish Government at

You can also contact the Stirling Council Private Rented Housing teams via:

Private Rented Housing Team: 01786 237678

Private Rented Housing Enforcement Officers: 

Andrew Paterson 01786 237704 –

Mhairi Gilfillan 01786 237699 –

Admin Support Officer: Kate MacGregor – 01786 237722

Service Coordinator: Fiona Scott 01786 237753 -


Housing AllocationsThe Housing Allocations Team is allocating properties in line with our Housing Allocations Policy. For more information about how we let properties you can view our Allocations Questions and Answers page.HomelessnessHomelessness Services are dealing with enquiries face to face and visits are now being carried out to temporary accommodation. We are following the Scottish Government guidance at all times regarding PPE, social distancing with reduced numbers of staff in the office.

If you are struggling with rent and arrears or any other aspect of your tenancy due to the impact of Covid 19, please contact your Accommodation Officer for further information and support on 01786 237900.

Appointments can be made to speak to our Income Maximisation Officer either by phone or face to face. They can assist with benefits and debt advice.

We are allocating and letting temporary accommodation. We ask staff and tenants to adhere to the Scottish Government guidelines on social distancing with the use of face masks and hand sanitiser required when viewing or signing for a property.

Our Estate Management Service is in operation and the Officers are out visiting their estates.

We are providing the full Homeless service and contact can be made by phone.

01786 237900 – Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm

01786 404040 – Out of hours

Visit in person Monday to Friday 9am to 5pmSpringkerse House
5 Springkerse Road


Bin CollectionsHousehold bin collections are operating as normal, please present your bin at the kerbside or your agreed collection point by 7am on the morning of your collection day.  

Use your postcode to find out your current collection day:

Find your collection days

Food Caddy LinersAs all Libraries are closed we are unable to supply you with food caddy liners.  Food caddy liners can be purchased from most supermarkets or you can wrap food waste in brown paper/newspaper before placing it into your brown bin.Special UpliftsFridges/Freezers (domestic types only – items must be empty and hygienic). We can now accept American wide-fronted units, units with glass-fronted doors.  We cannot accept chest/deep freezers, No gas/ammonia units.

To request a special uplift, please call our Customer Contact Centre on 01786 404040, Monday to Friday between 9am-5pm.

If you wish to dispose of recyclable bulky items, please visit your nearest HWRC site which is open as normal.Additional Bin CapacityTo request a larger grey bin, please head here.

Please note that under the Council’s new Waste and Recycling Policy that was adopted on 11 February 2021, the following changes to additional bin capacity will apply later this year (we will advise residents when these changes take effect):

  • A household of five or more, rather than a household of six or more, with excess non-recyclable, can apply for their standard 240L grey bin (general waste) to be swapped for a larger 360L grey bin.
  • Households with two or more children in nappies will now be able to apply for the non-hazardous healthcare waste collection service – an additional 240L grey (general waste) bin.

Balfron HWRC - Do not arrive before your pre-booked time slot as this can cause traffic congestion and prevent emergency vehicle access.

Household Waste and Recycling Centres (HWRC)All Household Waste and Recycling Centres are open.  Please note that waiting times may be longer than usual.

Lower Polmaise opening hours are changing from tomorrow (30 October). They will be Monday to Sunday 8am to 5pm (last entry 5pm). 

Callander and Balfron Centres hours remain unchanged. 

If you or someone in your household is showing symptoms of COVID-19 please follow government guidelines and do not travel to any of our Household Recycling Centres.

ID checks are in place at our sites with all customers required to provide proof of address upon entry.  Acceptable forms of ID include photographic ID such as a driver's license with Stirling residency noted or a passport with accompanying utilities bill/receipt containing address details. 

Please visit our HWRC pages for opening hours/days and full guidance.

Housing Repairs

The housing repair services is back to normal.

We are now offering:

  • Non-emergency repairs
  • Servicing
  • Void
  • Component replacement works

Emergency RepairsWe aim to be with you as soon as possible. You should not have to wait longer than 24 hours after reporting the issue.

We will attend to the emergency repair to make it safe.

Repairs often require follow-up appointments.
Emergency repairs and COVID-19We will attend your emergency repair even if you or someone within the house is self-isolating. It is important that the person self-isolating stays within another room and remains there for the duration of the visit.

To allow our operatives to work safely, all internal surfaces within the area of the repair should be wiped down using an appropriate antibacterial cleaner or wipes.

To request an emergency repair, please use our online repairs form

Non-Emergency Repairs

Timescales for non-emergency repairs will be estimated on a case-by-case basis.

Usual timescales for non-emergency repairs are

  • 36 hours
  • 7 days
  • 20 days
  • 90 days

You will be updated when this has been assessed.Non-emergency repairs and COVID-19

We will not attend your non-emergency repair if you or someone within the house is self-isolating.
Please arrange your appointment for when the self-isolation period is over and everyone within the house is well.

Examples of repairs and guidance can be found within our Right to Repair and Housing Repairs Policy



On-Street Parking and Car ParksPay and display are operating on the streets and within our car parks.Wellgreen NCPWellgreen NCP has reopened. For more information and opening hours, head here. If you have an enquiry regarding your permit please contact us by email.


Pest ControlWe are currently only able to investigate and treat rodent (rats/mice) issues outside a domestic property.  To request a Pest Control Service complete the online form.

We no longer offer concessions for our Pest Control Service.Bandeath Dog ShelterBandeath Dog Shelter is now open to customers and volunteers by appointment only. To arrange an appointment, call the Contact Centre on 01786 404040.

Lost and Stray DogsTo check if your lost dog has been taken to Bandeath Stray Dog Shelter phone 01786 404040 or report this online 

If you wish to report a stray dog, phone Stirling Council’s Dog Warden Service on 01786 404040 or report this online 

If you have taken possession of the dog and wish it to be uplifted outside office hours then phone your local Police office on 101.GullsWe are unable to help with any issues that may occur due to gulls, commonly known as seagulls.

We recognise that this can be a problem for a lot of our communities, especially in the summer when they are nesting. The RSPB provides general advice about gulls. 

Parks, grounds and open spacesOur parks, grounds, and open spaces are open and can be used for sport, exercise and social interaction.  Please make sure you continue to follow Government guidance.AllotmentsAllotments remain open to allow appropriate upkeep of plots by plot holder.  Plot holders are required to comply with The National Allotments Society guidance.

The Planning Portal will be unavailable from Tuesday 25 January to Thursday 27 January to allow an essential upgrade to the system to be carried out. 

Representations to planning applications can still be made to the general planning account during this time by emailing

Bus ServicesThe internal passenger is open and operating as normal at Stirling Bus Station. For up to date information on bus services please contact the operator, visit our Transport Service Changes pagevisit Traveline Scotland, or call 0871 200 22 33.Park & RideSpringkerse Park and Ride and Castleview Park and Ride have resumed normal service.Travel Cards & Blue badgeThe processing of all National Entitlement Cards and Blue Badges will continue and we are available to deal with face to face applications and enquiries at Stirling Bus Station.

Under 22s Free Bus Travel scheme Due to the current level of enquiries and applications, it may take up to 10 days to respond to your enquiry. Applications are currently taking up to four weeks to process, dependent on relevant checks, appropriate identification and the photograph provided. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Following recent Government announcements, updated advice and guidance has been provided for taxi and private hire licensees.

If you have concerns about a business in Stirling not complying with the Government Guidelines, please report your concerns by completing the online form. 

Report a concern about a business.

Trading Standards are providing a remote service.

We will continue to monitor complaints and enquiries about unfair trading or pricing practices, and consumer safety issues that are received via Advice Direct Scotland.  These will be assessed and dealt with on a case-by-case basis, and in accordance with the present Scottish Government and NHS requirements.
Consumer ComplaintsInitial requests for advice should be directed to our partner agency, Advice Direct Scotland.  You can contact them by email or by phoning 0808 164 6000

Their adviser will:

  • Give you practical advice on how to resolve your consumer problem
  • Inform you of the consumer laws which may apply to your situation
  • Pass relevant information to the appropriate Trading Standards authority for consideration/further investigation

Business Advice RequestBusinesses requiring advice or guidance on legislation enforced by the Service should email us.Buy with ConfidenceOur Trusted Trader members will deal with requests for work in accordance with the UK and Scottish Government / NHS advice.

Last updated: Friday, January 7, 2022 12:18 PM