Disabled Parking Bays
Blue Badge Scheme
The scheme is designed to help disabled people who have severe mobility problems lead independent lives by knowing that when they reach a destination, either as a driver or passenger, they will be able to park near to a venue and therefore have easier access to the services they want to use. It isn’t to provide free parking.
To view further information on the Blue badge scheme and for details on how to apply – Click here
We provide a range of parking facilities for Blue Badge holders, conveniently located for easy access.
These include priority spaces for Blue Badge Holders in:
- The Park & Ride sites
- Public off-street car parks.
- On-street Pay and Display areas
Blue Badge holders can also park within any pay and display bay without limit of time and free of charge.
Disabled Spaces are provided in Stirling city's multi-storey car parks although normal parking rates apply.We also operate a scheme which allows a disabled person's parking space to be installed in residential areas where there are particular parking difficulties. These are subject to the applicant meeting the required criteria, which are as follows:
Disabled Persons Parking Space Criteria
- Have a valid blue badge
- Have a vehicle registered to his/her address, (i.e. the vehicle used by the applicant must be kept on a permanent basis at the applicant’s address) or in the case of an organisation, provided the organisation has a vehicle registered at the organisation's address and that the vehicle is suitable for use by disabled people.
- Have no access to a suitable off-street parking space (i.e. a driveway and/or garage);
- Have a genuine parking problem.
The assessment of all applications will be undertaken to ensure the criteria is met, including site survey, to ensure the requested location is appropriate.
To apply for a Disabled persons parking space, Please complete an application form which can be found by clicking here
Applicants should be aware that any disabled parking space provided by the Council will not be for their exclusive use and may be used by any vehicle displaying a valid blue badge.
Last updated: Friday, October 23, 2020 10:38 AM