View or Download Application Form for Child Entertainment Licence and Risk Assessment Form
View or Download Body of Persons Licence Application Form (the body/organisation putting on the performance needs a licence and the children, therefore, do not need to be individually licensed)

You may need a Child Entertainment Licence if your production or activity includes children under compulsory school leaving age as defined on the UK Government Website. Productions and activities include:

  • Television
  • Theatre
  • Modelling
  • Sport

You need a licence so that we can make sure that the child's learning and welfare are protected during the production or activity.

To apply for a licence download the Application and Risk Assessment forms above.

In the event that you fail to provide the required information your application will not be considered. If you have any queries about the information or required documentation please contact us at

Completed Applications and accompanying documentation must be received at least 21 days before the production or activity takes place. It is at the Council’s discretion to refuse Applications received less than 21 days before the production or activity takes place. If you require a performance licence within the 21 day period you are required to contact us via the address above prior to submitting your application.

You can find more information about performances on the Scottish Government Website

View the Guidance on the revised arrangements for ensuring the wellbeing of children involved in performances and licensed activities published by the Scottish Government.

Download or View Application form for a Caravan Site Licence

The Environmental Health Service issue licences for caravan sites as required by the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960. Certain sites may be exempt from licensing. Caravan sites may be for residential use, holiday use (static vans) or touring use. You must obtain planning permission before we can grant a licence.

The 1982 Act allows for licensing places of public entertainment. By resolution Stirling Council has determined that a Public entertainment licence will be required for certain functions at one of the following places:

  • Halls (Privately or Publicly owned)
  • Dance Halls
  • Discotheques
  • Proprietary Clubs:
  • Barns
  • Marquees
  • Bowling Rinks
  • Skating Rinks
  • Billiards/Snooker Halls
  • Swimming Pools

And the type of functions that require a license are:

  • Discos
  • Dances
  • Concerts
  • Rock Concerts
  • Roller Discos
  • Videotheques
  • Barn Dances
  • Marquee Dances
  • Sporting Events (in a hall)
  • Displays
  • Demonstrations
  • Billiards/Snooker Games
  • Fun fairs
  • Circuses
  • Bowling
  • Skating
  • Swimming

Exemptions from licensing

The following types of premises are specifically exempted from the provisions of the Act and will there not require a licence:

  • athletic or sports grounds while being used as such
  • a school or other educational establishment while being used as such
  • churches or other premises belonging to a religious body while being used as such
  •  theatres, cinemas and bingo halls
  • premises having a permit under the lotteries and Amusements Act 1976
  • public houses, hotels etc during the permitted hours
  • places where amusements with prize machines are being used incidental to the main use of the premises

Public Entertainment Licence Application form
Temporary Public Entertainment Licence Application form

You can view the full resolution for Public Entertainment Licences


To apply for an application you can send it to Licensing, Old Viewforth, Stirling, FK8 2ET, or complete and return by email to Payments can only be made by BACS (cheques not accepted). 

Apply for Grant or Renewal of licences for:

Last updated: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 3:21 PM