You can get into contact with the licensing office on or calling 01786 233612.

Under the Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982, premises offering food, whether on or off the premises between the hours of 11 pm and 5 am daily, must have a Late Hours Catering Licence.

Stirling Council has further agreed that only premises offering meals or refreshments, which are prepared or heated up on the premises require to be licensed.

A late hours catering licence is not required if a Premises Licence for the sale of alcohol is also in effect under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 and the Operating Plan includes the provision of the meals and refreshments at the relevant times.

The hours of trading for City Centre premises are as follows:

  • For Late Hours Catering Licences within the City Centre: Thursday evenings until 2 am and Friday and Saturday evenings to 3 am.  
  • The terminal hour of premises within the City Centre offering delivery or drive-through service is 5 am.  No customers are allowed to enter the premises after the hours of 2 am on a Thursday and 3 am on Friday and Saturdays, and the delivery has to be made to a legitimate residential or business address. 
  • Premises located outwith Stirling City Centre, wishing an extension to the terminal hour, would apply to the Planning & Regulation Panel for consideration on a case by case basis. 

Late Hours Catering Licence Application
Late Hours Catering, Variation of Hours Notification

Download or View - Second Hand Dealer's Licence Application

To sell goods second-hand, you need a second-hand dealer's licence from Stirling Council.

The licence permits the holder to sell/trade within the Stirling Council Area. Generally, licences are required for the selling/trading of the following categories of goods.

  • Jewellery
  • Furniture and domestic appliances
  • Antiques
  • Clocks and watches
  • Televisions, radios, video or DVD recorders and musical instruments
  • Bicycles
  • DVD's, CD's, Computer Games
  • Vehicles

Second Hand Dealer's Licence Application

Conditions are attached to all Second-Hand Dealer's Licences issued by Stirling Council.

Download or View - Metal Dealer's Licence Application

You need a metal dealer's licence from Stirling Council to carry on a business as a metal dealer.

Please Note:

  • You must not be disqualified from holding a licence, and you must be a fit and proper person to be the holder of the licence.
  • The premises and their location must be suitable for the activity of metal dealing.
  • You must not have been refused the same licence within the last year unless there has been a material change in your circumstances since your last application.

Download or View - Street Trader Licence Application

To operate as a street trader you may need a licence from the local authority.

A street trader licence is not required for:

  • The sale of newspapers only;
  • The sale of milk by or on behalf of a person registered under the Food Safety Act 1990;
  • The sale of coal or fuel derived from coal or coke;
  • Any activity for which a certificate under the Peddler's Act 1871 has been granted;
  • Any activity for which a more specific licence is required; or
  • Organising or participating in a public charitable collection, which has been granted permission under Subsection 16 of Section 119 of the Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982.

Applicants wishing to sell food from their vehicle/stall need to have it inspected to ensure compliance with food hygiene regulations. A licence cannot be granted without a valid Food Safety Certificate of Compliance.

Where you intend to act as a street trader from a fixed location (static), please ensure that you have written permission to use the land. It is also suggested that an approach is made to the planning department to seek advice as to whether planning permission would be required. In addition, Stirling Council's Road's Department should be contacted regarding road matters.

Street trading will not normally be permitted in the following areas of Stirling Town Centre - King Street, Port Street, Barnton Street, Friars Street, Murray Place, Maxwell Place and Station Road.

Please note that a street trader's licence is granted to an individual. If more than 1 person is proposing to sell or trade on the unit or stall, each individual will require a licence in their own right.

Conditions will be attached to the licence once granted.

Last updated: Tuesday, May 25, 2021 3:00 PM