Insurance and Claims Statistics
We publish statistics as part of the Council's commitment to openness and transparency and to meet our statutory obligations under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. We update these tables every quarter.
These statistics are broken down into claims for potholes by financial year and the aim is to respond to common Freedom of Information (FOI) requests.
If further information is required, you must send a formal request to us.
Public Liability - Carriageway Pothole Claims Causing Damage to Vehicles*
|Financial year||Total claims||Settled||Total Paid to Date|
*These figures are correct to November 9th 2020 and will be further updated soon. * Settled - Finalised with payment
Please note the following:
- The above statistics are updated on a quarterly basis and provide details of the claims recorded over the past 5 fiscal years.
- Stirling Council does not hold a value or details of reserves for claims for each financial year.
- We do not hold information regarding pre and post-litigation of claims.
- We cannot provide details of specific payments or a description of the claim, as we are unable to release information that may lead to the identification of any individual(s).
- Due to the way claims are recorded, we are unable to provide a further breakdown of claims as this requires manual sifting of information.
Last updated: Tuesday, November 10, 2020 6:20 PM