The Parental Involvement Act introduced Parent Councils as the new representative body for parents in schools. Most of the schools in the Stirling Council area have developed their Parent Councils with aims that differ from school to school and which operate according to their unique situations.
However, in all cases, they are there to:
- work in partnership with the school and to create a welcoming place which is inclusive for all parents
- to promote partnership between the school, its pupils, its parents and the local community
- to identify and represent the views of all parents
- to develop and engage in activities which support the education and welfare of the pupils (for some schools this includes fundraising and social events).
- Parent Council Information Pack
- Parental Involvement Act
- Parent Council Public Liability Insurance
- Parental Involvement in the Appointment Processes for Headteacher and Depute Headteacher Posts
- Appointment Procedures Guidance for Promoted Posts (LNCT 7)
Parent Council Networks
Network meetings for Parent Councils are held throughout the school year. These are an opportunity to network with other schools, share good practice and hear about national and local developments.
- Parent Council Chairpersons Network Meeting 11 May 2021
- Parent Council Chairpersons Network Meeting 9 February 2021
- Parent Council & ASN Reference Group Network Meeting 29 September 2020
- Parent Council Chairpersons Network Meeting 29 September 2020
- Parent Council & ASN Reference Group Network Meeting 1 June 2020
- Parent Council Network Meeting 25 February 2020
- Parent Council Network Meeting 23 October 2019
- Schools, Learning & Education Summer Newsletter (August 2020)
Last updated: Monday, June 14, 2021 9:31 AM