Use this service to

  • Apply for housing from the Council
  • Supply the details our Housing Team need to assess your application

Completing this form takes around 30 minutes to complete. You can download an editable PDF form which will let you save progress.

When you press start below, it will download the editable PDF form.  

Before you start

When you have completed your form, you can email it to us or send it to the address below.

Allocations Team
Allan Water House
Kerse Road

Or contact 01786 404040

If you are homeless or may become homeless, you should not complete the Housing Application Form. Instead, you should contact our Housing Options Team in the first instance on 01786 237900 or email them to arrange an appointment with a member of the team.


Your questions and answers about the council's Housing Allocations Policy

We aim to assess all applications we receive within 10 working days. Once your application has been assessed, we will write to you to let you know the group you have been placed into and the number of points you have been awarded. We may also ask for further information if this is needed.

When completing the form, answer every question and if you cannot answer a question, write N/A (not applicable) or do not know in the space provided.

Where the question requires a yes or no answer, please put a cross (x) in the relevant box.

We may need evidence from you to support your application depending on your circumstances. You will find the detail of the information we can accept in Section 8 of the form, this can also be emailed to us with your Housing Application Form.


If you need help filling in the Housing Application Form, we’re more than happy to help. You can get in touch with us by emailing us or calling our Customer Contact Centre at 01786 404040.

Find out more information about how we allocate Council housing and read our Housing Allocations Policy information. See our Question and Answers page. 

You may be at risk of homelessness if you fall into one of the categories below:

  • If you or anyone in your household is homeless or may be at risk of homelessness in the next two months
  • If you or anyone in your household has been issued with a notice to leave your current rented property by your landlord.
  • If you are in hospital or a care home and unable to return home.
  • If you are in tied accommodation (this is accommodation linked to your work) and your employment is ending or your accommodation will no longer be available to you.

The Housing Options Team will advise on the range of housing options available to you and offer practical assistance or intervention to delay any urgent need to leave your home. They will also be able to assess whether you should be placed on the Council’s homeless waiting list.




Last updated: Thursday, March 3, 2022 4:30 PM