Compliments & Complaints

Nature of you enquiry
Your Details
The Nature of Your Complaint

Getting support from someone else to make a complaint  Sometimes you may be unable or worried to make a complaint without the support of someone else.  We will accept complaints from someone who might be helping you to make a complaint.  This may include relatives, friends, advocates and advisers. When you ask someone to make a complaint on your behalf, we will ask them if they have your permission first.  We will ask them to provide us with a document called a written mandate.  This lets us know that you are happy for us to talk to the person who is supporting you and gives us permissions, when you want us to, to provide and share with them information about you and the complaint.

If you need support to make a complaint, you can send us this mandate with your complaint either by emailing us, or in writing to Stirling Council Corporate Complaints Team, Viewforth, 14-20 Pitt Terrace, Stirling FK8 2ET. 

Anonymous Complaints

We value all complaints, including anonymous complaints, and will take action to consider them further wherever this is appropriate.

We will accept anonymous complaints in writing or via our complaints form.  

If you do want to stay anonymous, we will not be able to let you know what happened with your complaint.  This will include any action we might take or any learnings we have as a result of your complaint.  

Helping you access support 

We want to make it as easy as possible for anyone to talk to us about a complaint.  You can fill in our online form, you can phone us, send it through the post or where it is safe to do so, tell us in person.   

We understand that some people might need extra support to do this.  That is why we accept complaints through any route you feel comfortable using.  If you are experiencing difficulty sharing your complaint, please contact us and we will provide you with support and guidance.

You can complain in any of the following ways:
  • Our online form, will be emailed directly to the Corporate Enquiries Team who send it to the service or team to investigate on your behalf.  
  • You can phone our Customer Contact Centre on 01786 404040.
  • You can complain direct to any member of Stirling Council
  • You can post your complaint to Stirling Council Corporate Complaints Team, Viewforth, 14-20 Pitt Terrace, Stirling FK8 2ET
To help us direct your complaint to the right person or team, we would appreciate:
  • your name and how you would like us to contact you
  • as much detail as possible about the complaint
  • what has gone wrong and what you would like us to do to put it right

We will endeavour to listen and respect your views throughout the complaints process.  If there is any thing we can do to make your contact with the team any easier, please let us know.  

If you would like a copy of our Complaints Procedure Guide, please contact us and we can post this to you. 

Last updated: Thursday, April 1, 2021 5:08 PM