Food Standards Scotland (FSS) guidance and risk assessment tool have been updated to reflect the new levels approach outlined in the Scottish Government strategic framework and a change in shielding advice.
FSS has also published guidance on investigation of COVID-19 outbreaks in food businesses, with respect to Incident Management Team (IMT) investigations. The information contained within this guidance includes:
- How to identify a potential outbreak of COVID-19 in the workforce
- What to do when an outbreak is suspected
- Controlling COVID-19 in the workplace – What FBOs are expected to know
- How to prepare for an IMT and the procedures after an IMT is called
- Summary of COVID-19 control measures in food businesses
It is anticipated you will have internal procedures for suspected and positive cases already but if you require further information please do not hesitate to contact us via your Environmental Health Officer/Food Safety officer or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have been asked by NHS Forth Valley Director of Public Health, Dr Graham Foster, to remind businesses of two areas of particular concern – car sharing and ensuring 2 metre distancing is maintained even if face coverings are worn. Further details can be found in his recently published interview published last week Falkirk Herald.
Last updated: Friday, November 13, 2020 5:37 PM