The Dog Warden Service encourages responsible dog ownership.
Our initiatives include:
- raising awareness with local dog owners in known problem areas e.g. parks
- working with community groups
- giving talks to schools
- visiting local dog clubs
- providing 300,000 free poop scoop bags per year from Council offices, recreation centres and libraries
- erecting “No Fouling” signs and dog bins
The Dog Fouling (Scotland) Act 2003 makes it an offence if you do not clean up after your dog in any public open space, subject to:
- a fixed penalty fine of £80 or
- a report to the Procurator Fiscal resulting in a fine of up to £500.
It is an additional offence for the dog owner to refuse to provide his or her name and address, subject to a fine of up to £500.
If you have a complaint or wish to report any issues with dogs you can call the contact centre on 01786 404040 or you use the online forms to do this:
- Dog complaints - general
- Barking dogs
- Dog fouling
- Dog welfare
Last updated: Tuesday, October 29, 2019 4:50 PM