Direct Funerals is a revolutionary new service aimed at making funerals affordable. There are many things to think about and decide, when arranging a funeral. It is often a difficult time for the bereaved family who are not only dealing with the loss of their loved one but are also bearing the responsibility of organising the funeral. A funeral can be expensive, often costing thousands of pounds. Recent figures show that a funeral (burial in an existing lair) costs on average £3,600 however by arranging part of the funeral yourself, significant savings can be made.
Stirling Council's Cemeteries Service offers an alternative approach. Our aim is to provide a service that is affordable and one that won't leave families in financial hardship. This will be achieved by our staff taking on certain responsibilities normally carried out by Funeral Directors.
What we offer for the cost of £1,800 (subject to inflation) is:
- Transfer of your loved one to a place of rest and them to a Cemetery of your choice.
- A standard coffin in light wood veneer or dark wood veneer.
- Family will be met at the Cemetery entrance on the day of interment.
- The coffin will be placed atop the grave or on trestles a short distance away.
- Ceremonial cords will be handed out by our staff.
All other elements of the funeral such as family cars, flowers and hospitality can be arranged privately by the family.
Last updated: Tuesday, October 29, 2019 4:52 PM