Social Work complaints

All complaints made about Social Work services are responded to through our 2 stage Complaints Handling Process.

In addition to services that are registered with the Care Inspectorate, including registered services provided on our behalf by another agency, you can choose to make your complaint to the Care Inspectorate or the agency directly.

Complaints in relation to the Clackmannanshire & Stirling Integration Joint Board 

Clackmannanshire and Stirling Integration Joint Board’s [IJB] definition of a complaint is: 

'An expression of dissatisfaction by one or more members of the public about the IJB’s action or lack of action, or about the standard of service the IJB has provided in fulfilling its responsibilities as set out in the Integration Scheme'.  

Clackmannanshire and Stirling Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP) follow the 2 Stage Complaints Handling Procedures.  If you wish to make a complaint in relation to the HSCP please contact us.

For further information please refer to the Integration Joint Board Complaints Handling Procedure or visit the Integration Joint Board’s webpage.

Care complaints

If your complaint relates to a care service we provide, you can choose whether to complain to us or the Care Inspectorate. You can find out more about their complaints procedure, or make a complaint, by contacting them.

Contact Details for the Care Inspectorate can be found on their website:

Please refer to Care Inspectorate

Telephone 0845 600 9527


Schools, Learning and Education complaints 

If you wish to make a complaint about your child's education, a process is in place to help to address your concerns.

In most cases, concerns can be resolved at an early stage. On rare occasions, a difficulty may not be resolved and you need to know how to take matters further. In the first instance, you should raise the problem directly with the school. This is called a Stage One complaint. The head of the establishment will give you a response within 5 days in line with the Council's Complaint Handling Procedures.

If you are not satisfied with the response, you should contact the Chief Education Officer, Schools, Learning and Education. The Chief Education Officer will appoint a senior officer to formally investigate your complaint. More information is available in Communicating with Parents - Our Code and Making a Complaint.


Last updated: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 2:51 PM